Men in Hats 1988
This photograph was part of a series I shot for a French magazine called L'Officiel. We were in the countryside outside Paris. This was in 1988. When I moved to France in 1985, I was surprised to see that smoking was everywhere. In the USA smoking was already beginning to be prohibited in some public spaces, but in France you could not avoid it, even sitting in a cafe or restaurant right next to your table, or sitting across from a smoker during a meal. The theme of the shoot was to create a vintage look, and I was happy that I was able to create a French Gothic look, inspired by the famous Grant Wood painting, "American Gothic."
In addition to canvas prints, these photographs are also available as fine art Giclée prints. The Giclée printing technique is as refined as it sounds, employing high-quality archival inks on fine art papers (240gms) using a high-resolution large format inkjet printer. Choose above.
And if you'd like to have Steve's SIGNATURE and the TITLE along the bottom of the print, please type YES in the comment box in the Shopping Cart.
- Museum & Archive Quality Canvas Print
- Gallery Wrapped: the canvas wraps around the sides of 1.25 inch super sturdy wood frame bars with a closed back.
- Printed with Durable, Fade-Resistant Inks.
- Ready for Easy and Immediate Hanging, Hook Attached
- Domestic FREE SHIPPING with our compliments
- U.S. orders take 3-4 business days for production and an average of 8 business days in transit
- Shipping charges for Canada and the UK will show when you enter your address at check out. Orders take 3-4 business days for production and approximately 8-10 business days in transit.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee