Original painting by artist and photographer, Steve Ladner: portrait, fashion, lifestyle and corporate photographer for 35 years.
"These are unique images expressing love of color and an innate sense of design that emerges in a stream of consciousness process where each shape and decision evolves organically. The process is an organic out-growth of what inspired and informed my photography: beauty, color, geometry, imagination, and the unknown.
As I paint, the images and shapes that arise are a manifestation in the moment of a stream of consciousness. And as I add more color, a world starts to appear. A world that I recognize, that is very familiar to me. It feels like what I am painting is an integral and profound expression of something deep inside that I have always known, and only recognize as I release it from my unconscious. The paintings and drawings are like visual jazz to me.
I have been using a photo as a starting point of inspiration, a form around which I hang my imaginary world. I paint freehand, sometimes rough, raw and unfettered, and other times it is more careful and controlled. My inspirations are surrealists like Dali and Max Ernst, the impressionists, Edward Hopper, Lucien Freud, Escher, Jasper Johns, and others."
This is available as a canvas print, and the original painting is also available for purchase. Contact us for more information on the price of the original.
- Museum & Archive Quality Canvas Print
- Gallery Wrapped: the canvas wraps around the sides of super sturdy wood frame bars and is secured to the back of the wooden frame
- Printed with Durable, Fade-Resistant Inks.
- Ready for Easy and Immediate Hanging, Hook Attached
- Domestic FREE SHIPPING with our compliments
- U.S. orders take 3-4 business days for production and an average of 8 business days in transit
- Shipping charges for Canada and the UK will show when you enter your address at check out. Orders take 3-4 business days for production and approximately 8-10 business days in transit.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee